Thread: S6 Workflow
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Avid

Default S6 Workflow

Greetings,

Let's start a thread on how folks are using S6 in daily operations. Obviously this will vary based on the surface configuration and size, but I think it will still be valuable to share ideas and optimize workflows. I'll start with a few ideas here...

16 Fader S6 Configuration: Fader: MTM: Fader. I like to work from templates. I have layouts based on those templates. Make a layout that contains Effects Returns on the Left 8 faders and VCA Masters on the Right 8 Faders. Within the layout the Effects Returns (Reverbs, Delays, etc) are set to Insert Parameters view (Teal). To dial in reverb settings simply hit Expand on that channel to populate the knob module with those parameters.

For the main VCAs, either set up Auto-Spill (I like cross-spill) where it spills to the opposite side (Left Zone). So, press the Attention key on one of the VCAs on the right side (part of the layout) which spills the slaves to the left side temporarily replacing the Effects Returns. Press the Menu button on any of the spilled slaves to Unspill the VCA and reveal the Effects Returns again. Optionally, Spill into the right Zone with Menu + Swap button. (Make sure to set the VCAs to bus view before you save the Layout so that the slaves will be displayed on the knob modules above.)

This represents just 1 of the 96 layout possibilities that you can create. Next.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ