Thread: Midi to Trigger
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Midi to Trigger

How are you Albee!!

Its been a long time, great to see your name! You helped me so much when I first started I can't thank you enough!! It's been fantastic to have a ten year smooth period, and here you are at the first sign of trouble since!

I'll have a look at the site you mentioned. I've also asked Erica if they could clarify if they know whether their module will have problems.

I'm basically using some modular units, mainly drum machines. So I want to get my drums into my pro tools session. So far I used midi notes and Silent Way and ES4 to convert the signal from the spdif cable to triggers which fed the drum machines. Those units don't have pads so triggers are the only way to get sound into pro tools. Perhaps if I disconnected my monitors i could use audio but i wouldn't want to lose stereo. I don't see another way to send out signal but also see no posts online about this kind of issue which means either nobody uses pro tools with modular or there is a super easy solution I'm not seeing! Hope you keeping well man!