View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Is it really $599/yr?

I will just post my thought and hope. I think a lot of people have brought up great questions that are real and don't seem to be getting any answers.

I hope that the distinction between Pro support and regular support is not by the "HD" label. Software is software.

I can see the post studio I work at needing Pro support as insurance against down time and we would gladly pay $600 per year per unit for that benefit. We can pay that bill by running one room for 6 hours and we are all good.

I purchased an HD Native rig for my home. It's a machine I use to record singer songwriter work and also the occasional revise if something goes wrong after I leave the studio. It's basically a non billing machine. I need support but not like the studio I work for. I personally would pay $200 per year to keep the rig current but getting up to $600 for a machine that doesn't bill will hurt. Not to mention my wife will question my judgement even more.

I hope we start to see a more defined and clear path for all of us and I hope somehow Pro support is a choice not determined by "HD" or "Non HD".

Good luck to you all,

Scott