View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Avid Stage16 dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by iworkforaschool View Post
Has anyone else had issues with their Stage 16 stageboxes? We purchased our 64 channel S3LX system in July of last year. We had one stage box die completely within the first two weeks, another died 3 weeks later, and we just had one die on us on Saturday. Each time, the units have completely stopped powering up. I've troubleshooted by swapping IEC cables, outlets, you name it. They wouldn't power up. I'm sitting here at my office desk and tried to power it on and it's dead. Thankfully we bought the system from Sweetwater and they've taken care of us each time and had new stageboxes overnighted to us. I'm wondering if it's possible we got a bad batch of them from Avid? Anyone else have this issue?
Have you been told what the issues were with the ones that you returned? I assume that with this many failures someone would want to know why. Is something burning out? Like in the power supply of the units.

Have these all been plugged into the same place for power. I have found some very interesting failures over the years with what seems to be power that meters fine but there is something wrong when it is examined properly.