View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Intel i7 - Ran Out of CPU Power (AAE -9173) with a few traks.

So... This error is total BS with AVID and needs to be fixed. I am about to throw my machine out the window. I built over a year ago a whopper machine that was working amazingly well right up until AVID went to their marketing Pro Tools 2018.xxx bull. Since then, things are stupid terrible on my windows 10 machine. Been on Pro Tools since 2000 and this is the worst it has been and sadly it should not be this way.

I have a AMD Ryzen 1800 (8 cores) with DDR4 3400 ram and a fast M.2 512GB SSD main OS drive. NVidia GTX 1070 video card, etc. The system loads in under 20 seconds and every drive is a SSD drive. I literally had a blank tape transfer session last week that gave me errors with the 9173 issue. Literally a stereo track set to record a audio tape for a guys funeral. It gave errors. Utter horse crap.

I have no idea anymore what to do. I did all the Pro Tools configs to no solution. I have tried:

1. New Hard Drives
2. Reseating the card (should not be an issu ever)
3. Re-installed the OS (lost work due to this)
4. Installed all the latest plugins - current and updated all WUP crap
5. Defrag runs nightly
6. Zero Virus scans on the system but I do have Advanced System Care - again never been an issue in 10 years.
7. NO CLICK track - that is printed and I mainly MIX
8. Set Ram cache to make things Green as solid as I can
9. Commit - again should not be an issue - that is a band aid.

I have video from Pro Tools 12.x times where I literally have a 256 track audio session at 48k 24bit running with 256 instances of AltiVerb, D-Verb and a few other plugs with ZERO issues.

Something is definitely the problem here and I cannot figure it out.

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"