View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 03:33 PM

Default HP omen laptop with pro tools 12?

As far as specs go, it meets all of acids reccomend specifications, I'm just confused on the base clock speed.
Windows 10 Home 64
Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (2.2 GHz, up to 4.1 GHz, 9 MB cache, 6 cores) NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
32 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x16GB)
15.6" diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
1 TB 7200 rpm SATA; 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

I thought it was a hell of a deal for 12 hundred. The place I currently record, he uses a older model iMac and he struggles sometimes due to ram issues. (He only has 8 GB in it) I'm not sure about the processor. But I'm wanting to go back to doing most of my recording myself. I've noticed alot of people seem to have 3.2 and up as their base clock speed, this one is from 2.2 to 4.1 with 6 cores. I'm assuming the 2.2 to 4.1 means turbi boosts to that? I've read alot of users here say they have to turn turbo boosting off for pro tools.

I'm only familiar with pro tools from working with it at my engineers set up. When I used to record myself it was on basic DAWs maybe 8 years ago. I'm just curious if my clock speed would he sufficient, I record hip hop, I've reached 100 audio tracks before but that's only been when I have tracked out instrumentals that I've leased, and sometimes I dont have to add any further eqs or anything to those parts, I just tweak certain instruments volumes to fit around my vocals better. Or I just edit the arrangement. Any feed back would be appreciated. I'm just hoping this set up could last me a while. And I'm also sure I could upgrade the processor myself couldnt I needed? Just wasnt forsure if I would need too.