View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Looking to Put an Pro Tools 10HD system together

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstone View Post
I am preparing an upgrade from an expanded Mix TDM system that included a Mix Core, 7 Mix farms and two Sample Cell cards that were in an expansion chassis powered by a dual boot G4 MDD 1.25 computer. My interfaces are three Apogee AD8000 Special Editions. I love the sound of this system. I am looking to pick up one of the PCIE Mac Pro towers, 8 or 12 core and possibly use an expansion chassis but at the very least have an HD3 system inside the computer.

My biggest question is with the interfaces. I am sure the 192 I/O's are good units but how do they compare to the Apogees and which of the Apogees should I consider? My current Apogees have a very tape like sound to them and would like to somewhat replicate that sound in my new setup. I would need 16 analogue inputs and outputs and 8 digital in and outs.

Any assistance or guidance is most appreciated.

MacPro 3.1 running Mountain Lion using PCIe TDM core card with several 192 interfaces would work very well. You might be able to source a MP3.1 locally on craigslist. They are cheap nowadays. Even better would be a MP5.1 bit those are still pricey. Do the apogees have a newer type of digilink card for the 'newer' at the time, PCIe core card connection?

www.sugarhillstudios713.com