View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Simple Midi Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by filosofem View Post
Local Disk:\Program Files\Digidesign\Documentation
You know, that's what I love about DigiDesign. When most companies install software that has a lot of accompanying documentation, they put a link in the start menu that lets you know it's there, or perhaps a reminder when you press "F1" (the "Help" key in Windows) that there's a ton of documentation already installed on your PC.

But not DigiDesign. They'll write the documentation, even give it to you, but they're not going to tell you about it! (I know, I know, I'm sure somewhere there's a piece of paper saying "Documentation is in C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Documentation", so they are technically off the hook.)

Anyway, my midi port was enabled, and I figured out how to turn on Instrument View and select the input. I tried "All" and "Predefined -> Digidesign Digi 002 Port 1 -> all channels" and "Predefined -> Digidesign Digi 002 Port 1 -> channel-1". Still no sound from the external keyboard.

So maybe my question should be "What's the simplest way to check if my keyboard is sending out MIDI data like it should be?"

-Fred

P.S. I see you're from Christchurch! The best vacation I ever took was 2 weeks in 1997, driving around the South Island with my best friend from college. I'm looking forward to going back again someday!