View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 01:39 PM

Default Re: One of the strangest things I've ever seen. Anyone have ideas?

Ok. Once again, thanks for pointing me towards properly updating the firmware in our Sync HD units. They have both now been properly updated, with the update software in each case confirming that the update was successful.

Sadly, our problem still exists in both rooms.

I'd like to interject here that we discovered this problem when we were recording a multi-mic setup on piano. Piano can be a very sustained instrument which would nicely illustrate clocking issues. I would think more so than even sensitive dialogue where words are changing and a mis-matched clock would have less "sustained" passages to try to navigate and maintain. And, we have found that having half a dozen mics on the piano exacerbates the issue even further. Anyway, just wanted to throw that into this discussion

What we have so far found that works the best is if we clock the Sync HD to a black burst generator which is plugged (via BNC) into the Sync HD "Video Ref" and then set our clock source in the ProTools Session Window to Video Reference.

But I sure wish I could figure out why the Sych HD is giving us the ticks ONLY when it's clocked internally.

So odd to me.