View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgt621 View Post
Figuring out which PC number corresponds to the the presets in 11R's user bank is easy. For example: A1=01, A2=02, A3=03, A4=04, B1=05, C1=09, etc. in that fashion.

You can use a simple math to figure out the PC of the corresponding preset. Here's the equation i use: ((µ) x 4) - (Ω) = PC# (greek letters are variables)

µ = the number of the letter of the preset according to a 26 letter english alphabet. i.e. A=1, B=2, C=3, J= 10, T=20, Z=26, etc.

Ω = a number corresponding to the number of the preset name. (1-4) i.e. 1=(3), 2=(2), 3=(1), 4=(0).

so if you are trying to figure the PC# for the preset that is "Y3", it goes like this:

"Y" is the 25th letter in the alphabet, so in this case, "µ" = 25.

since the number in the preset name is "3", "Ω" = "1"

now the equation looks like this:

(25 x 4) - 1 = PC# in this case, the PC#="99".

Put down PC 99 in your GCP and when you press that GCP patch, it will call up "Y3"

It's really easier than it looks. Trust me. No need to have it all mapped out for you.
EEEEK, Math!

That is indeed the way it works, I finally got it to send the correct program changes, but I'm going to end up buying the Ground Control Pro or something else more advanced b/c the old GC can't command the individual effects within a rig even with the $100.00 upgrade they have for that pedal. Craigslist, here I come!