View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 PM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Best foot controller for use with Eleven Rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post
The 11R uses both, I just don't know how to access the program change commands. I'll try doing the conversions and see if that works, but it seems like a glaring omission from the manual, which I find to be poorly written & organized to begin with.
You should be setting up which program change is sent via the Ground Control, the 11R should just recieve it, at least thats how i have it set up with my Roland FC-300. Here's a little something i quickly grabbed from the GC v.2 manual:

Assigning MIDI Program Changes
̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Use the [SELECT] buttons to choose each of your MIDI controlled devices. You will see the names of each device that you entered in Setup mode. It will look something like:
TRIAXIS - 18
↑↑
Device Name Program Number
Now enter the number of the program you want for each device. You can access any program from 0 to 128. For example:
Notice that there is a slight delay when you select programs 10, 11, or 12. This is because the Ground Control is waiting for a third digit in case you wanted programs 100 through 128.
Note: The Ground Control automatically filters redundant program changes when Presets are recalled, to avoid audible glitches.
You can also instruct the Ground Control to not send a MIDI Program Change. How you do this depends on whether your device numbers programs from 0 to 127, or from 1 to 128 (see "Start Number" on page 11). To not send a MIDI Program Change, do one of the following:
• If the device starts at 1, then choose program 0 by pressing [0] [0].

• If the device starts at 0, then choose program 128 by pressing [1] [2] [8].
When no program is selected, the display will show "--" instead of a program number.

hope that helps.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack