View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 PM

Default Two aggregated interfaces plus two ADATs. Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miawallace View Post
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to have an aggregate device with two interfaces which both have two ADATs connected to them?
So I would have an Apollo Twin with a Behringer ADA8200 connected via light pipe, aggregated to a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with a Presonus DigiMax LT 8 connected via light pipe?

Thanks!
Pro Tools has a maximum of 32 inputs and outputs via CoreAudio. Are you aiming for below that limit? If you need more on Pro Tools you need Pro Tools Ultimate and a Digilink interface (which may have ADAT units hung off it).
ADAT largely makes no difference to aggregation, its providing data to the interface that is already there. More total throughput might maybe cause your Mac some headaches if things are already marginal.
Aggregation is not guaranteed to work, is highly dependent on the quality of drivers for the interfaces, and not officially supported by Avid for aggregating interfaced with the exception of aggregating an interface with Built-In Output.
It is better to clock lock the aggregated interfaced if that is possible, which it's not with your setup.
So you are really your own and need to do your own testing.
A much better way to go if ADAT to a single interface is not enough is to say look at multi-unit cascading UAD Thunderbolt interfaces, or other vendors Thunderbolt interfaces

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-15-2018 at 01:52 AM.