View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Re: ilok via a usb hub ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Darcy View Post
I'm bumping this thread, as I still can't get this working, 2015 mbp, powered usb 3 hub (loads of models, last one tried was an anker) non-powered USB2 hubs, powered usb2 hubs, how can this product be so weak yet be the core tool needed to use your software,

I should point out that while testing this I just have the USB hub plugged in with an ilok2 and a thunderbolt 2 connection to the audio device, that's it, nothing else.
Hey Matt, I hear you as I had lots of problems with the iLok2 too. One thing which never failed to work was to have the iLok plugged into one of the USB 2 ports of the original Apple Keyboard with the Numeric Keypad.

This always worked when nothing else did at the end of the day. I now have found a variant where I have plugged a powered USB 2 hub into a powered USB 3 hub which is then connected to my MBP finally. I have to say
this really works now. No other hub-variant ever did before though. Even a non powered USB 2 hub into my powered USB 3 hub going directly into my MBP...no chance.

So try this. A powered USB 2 hub into a powered USB 3 hub directly into one of the USB 3 ports of your Mac. However if anything else fails to work get the original Apple Keyboard with the Numeric Keypad and plug the
iLok2 into one of its USB ports. That will work for sure from my personal experience.

The best of success to you.