View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 11:38 AM

Default Re: No Patches or Sounds available in Xpand2 (only lists None)

Hi All & Demodigi,

I've been having the same problem as everyone else with Xpand on a fresh Mac ML10.8.5 and PT10.3.10HD installation (see my system specs below), and just wanted to drop a quick note here in case I've accidentally stumbled upon an easier way to fix the problem with it not remembering it's ".big" location.

Demodigi, I read your long solution (post #37) very carefully and was preparing to try editing my pref file "com.digidesign.xpand!.plist" to include the extra information between the <dict> and </dict> as instructed, using TextWrangler. I'd just downloaded TextWrangler but hadn't yet opened the .dmg or installed the software, and in preparation I decided to make a copy of my "com.digidesign.xpand!.plist" file onto the desktop to edit the copy. It asked for my password to make the copy and seemed to take quite a while to copy for a file that is so small (107 bytes), but that didn't concern me at all.

Now the sneaky part. Upon getting info on the copy from the desktop, I noticed that in the Preview pane, the Unix instructions were exactly how they were supposed to be. See picture attachment.

I then tried "Getting Info" on the master original file inside my preferences folder, and it refused to show any kind of preview information. So I just went ahead and replaced the original with the copied one from the desktop and it now shows info correctly from the original preferences folder location, and Xpand remembers it's .big location correctly. Result!!! I can't see why having TextWrangler around would have influenced this, but maybe it did.

Hope this helps anyone else having this problem. If it works, please let us know here.

Cheers.

Steve Bush
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Xpand.plist Get Info Window.jpg (21.0 KB, 0 views)