View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 09:42 PM

Default Seeking Advice...Older Interfaces....

So over the holidays, I purchased several Pro Tools pieces on ebay to put together a system.

From Person A I got a Mix Core+Farm+DSP Card set
From Person B I got an ADAT Bridge
From Person C I got a 1622.
I had a 882/16 bit interface.

After putting everything together several weeks after all of my purchases, only my 882 works. So at this point, I'm thinking or feel reasonably comfortable the Mix cards work.

Now the 1622, I bought this on ebay because the seller was selling the cable. Unfortunately, he is in Sweden. I only paid $100 for the 1622/cable, so I could probably find another 1622. I've had this unit work intermitantly.

The ADAT Bridge I can't get anywhere. I can't get any sound of this thing, I have tried setting the sync to optical and I get a lovely DAE Error 11 everytime.

My question, or advice I'm seeking, is can anyone give me any pointers on buying interfaces on ebay. Most people sell interface with no returns accepted. And without the interface cables. You don't know if this person owned the unit ( unless they state in their listing ), or if their uncle / father died leaving them a unit they probably have no way how to test, or your dealing with someone who came about the unit with no idea how it works. Some people seem to think that if you get green lights, it works as well.

I'm at a point where I might scrap my system and try to get enough money to move into a new MOTU FW system.

It's just frustrating.

Thanks for listening.