View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 02:52 AM

Default Re: 33 day countdown! Time to stick?

The whole Apple ARM thing is an interesting point but that said I haven't bought any brand new Apple Macs in years. They too are wildly overpriced and not really made significant progress.

The Avid policy seems like it will backfire. To try and force everyone to subscription and heavily penalise those who don't keep up with the updates is disastrous. Treating longstanding customers (or indeed short and mid term customers) like this is not only disrespectful but also fatal.

Now it seems much of the world has gone subscription loco but the best companies keep favour with the customers and their buying preferences. Plugin Alliance for example have offered subscriptions to those who want them and kept the same type of deals for customers like myself who prefer to purchase. Slate on the other hand have tried to strong-arm everyone to subscription. They have lost my business. Avid have gone the same route but they also look set to loose my vote.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6

Last edited by Stephen Bond; 08-20-2020 at 05:03 AM.