View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Protools 8 and Mp3 option

@ semicntrldchaos. I had the exact same problem. My memory is a little shady on how I fixed it, but here is what I think I did. First I went to the plugins folder and made sure I removed the old MP3 option (I think). Then I used the mp3 Option installer. Authorized my Ilok, it fixed it for me.

@appledude: Why pay $20 for the MP3 options. Convience, and effeciency. I like to keep my "studio" work seperate from my itunes collection. It is very convenient for me to just bounce down an MP3 from PT right into my session folder without mucking up my itunes. Plus the MP3 option lets you input ID3 Tag information when you generate the file. So it comes out tagged and ready to email to a client or place in mp3 player. Really thats all I use MP3 out of ProTools for, is to email tracks. That is hardly the format for my finished product.

Also it lets you import MP3's directly into Pro Tools. This is cool just for my personsal use. I like to make my own ringtones or custom mms messages. Grab an mp3 of my song. Load it, cut it (30 sec), export as mp3, send it to my phone. I dont need high quality for that.