View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Mbox Mini Lights up but "hardware not found"

Here are the rest of my system specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.4 Ghz overclocked @ 3.4)
Hard Drives: Seagate 300 GB (x2) in Raid 0 configuration
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 1950XTX

Sorry this wasn't included before, I thought it was part of the Sandra report. Further information, this PC is overclocked but has been running stable for five years. I am frustrated about these odd system requirements... no RAID? My PC has been setup this way since I built it, with many different types of software installed. It is basically functioning as one big interleaved hard disk. Why wouldn't that be supported? Also, if I break my RAID configuration, will I lose the data on my drives? It's not something you can just disable and go about your way; the two drives have to be "broken apart" because they are married and function as a single (but faster) drive. As for the separate hard drive, that should increase performance, but I don't see how Pro Tools wouldn't work at all because of it... My Pro Tools still starts up and goes through the loading process; it just won't continue because according to Pro Tools my Mbox isn't connected. As I understand, Pro Tools is to be installed on the drive with the operating system and session files on the separate drive right?