View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:02 AM

Default Re: True Peak Normalization: Workflow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediJoker View Post
I just don't think you quite understand what I'm trying to accomplish (although I thought I spelled it out). You're suggesting I gain the file up/down to where it's just kissing the -2.0dBTP threshold? Seems wonky to me. I'd rather have offline analysis without the limiter to worry about, ideally plus the ability to change gain within the same plugin.

Regardless, the workflow I used on my latest project:

1) Print audio in real time
2) Analyze printed file in real time using MAAT DRMeter MKII (multitasking while listening to print for problems)
3) Use AudioSuite Gain plugin to bring file to -2.0dBTP
4) Export to desired format(s)

It worked pretty well. Not ideal, but better than using three different programs.
Then keep using your system. What seems wonky to me is to spend days in a forum asking for a quicker way to do something you already have a solution for.
BTW, I wouldn't complain about a $400 plugin when you want a company that charges $1000 for an EQ to make a plugin that specifically matches your workflow.