View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Embedding Loops in audio sample for import to sampler

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Donald:
Thanks for the explanation. Very clear. I've done samples but only as single shots that only play as long as the native sample is.

Which is what a lot of folks do, and there's a lot you can do with that for sure. But, to do pads and other sounds that could be sustained over a few measures, you really need to do the loop thing. Structure works fairly well in that regard. The drawback is that it is not always easy to find the sweet spot using the Structure wave editor. Also, Structure doesn't have any sort of "Duplicate Part" function. I find this very annoying as quite often I'll import a set of multisamples to the first part layer in Structure. Edit the samples with loops, etc. But, now if I want to duplicate all that to have, say, 2 or 3 of the same part layered up for depth or whatever, there's no option to do that. So, I have to use all sorts of workarounds to accomplish that. I find that very annoying!

With a dedicated sample editor, I could take a set of multisamples, do all the edits at once. Then import those to as many part layers as I wish with the editing embedded.