View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Izotope RX6 help file ?

I think I found the problem. Going from the thing of the program file was installed in the root Applications folder I started rooting around in the main folder on my boot drive. Comparing where the help files for my other Izotope programs were in my user documents folder I went looking for a similar folder in the documents folder on the root drive which is called Beethoven (that's the name I gave the computer when I first started it up after purchase). I found the help file folder and did an option/drag to the Izotope folder in my user folder (named Mozart) and voila - I now have the help file available via the question mark or F1 key from inside RX or individual plugins.

Izotope doesn't give one a choice of where to install RX or files which is funny because I have no problem with my other Izotope stuff. Or for that matter any other plugin.

As to naming things it's an old habit I picked up years back from Jerry Pournelle when he used to write a column for BYTE magazine. Now there's a walk down memory lane for all you geeks. Couple that with having a fascination with classical composers and there you go.

I did send off a support request to Izotope; wonder what I'll get back and when. With the holiday weekend I'm not expecting anything quickly.

QAPLA!