View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Problem with Digi 002 Rack + Mountain Lion (Core Audio)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanishers View Post
very cool. thanks for posting this, Im having similar problem. could you explain step #4 with a little more detail?
Yes I can.

Open Terminal app.

You will see a command prompt. It looks like this:

YourComputerName:HardDriveName YourUserName$ _
(_ is the cursor, yours may be a blinking I or a rectangular block, mine is set to an underscore symbol)

At this prompt you will type:

launchctl

Now you will see a command prompt that looks like this:

launchd% []
(the [] is actually a hollow rectangle)

Launchd is the "launch daemon" -- it's the part of Mac OS X is a unified, open-source service-management framework, starts, stops and manages daemons, applications, processes, and scripts -- including the drivers for the 002 rack. What we are going to be doing is telling launchd to forget about the drivers that we installed in step 1, so that they will unload. We need them to unload because they will conflict with PT8's own drivers for the 002 that load when you run PT8.

So at the launchd% prompt you will type:

remove com.avid.00family.helper

Then you power-cycle the 002 rack so that it returns to a fresh state. If you don't power cycle it, then it will continue to think that it's connected and it won't let PT8 make a new connection to it.

Then run PT8 and it can now make a fresh connection to the 002 rack. If you don't remove the com.avid.00family.helper, then the com.avid.00family.helper will make the connection to the 002 rack, preventing PT8 from doing so!

Hope this helps. Limping along with old hardware… damned if I'll buy a new one… if it ain't broke, don't fix it! But if it is broke, fix it!

-=DG=-