Thread: RX6
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 10:15 AM

Default Re: RX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
One general tip with RX and upgrades - you keep your original license intact, so on each successive upgrade you can do it from an older version, rather than the most recent. This means I keep the previous version software licensed on my laptop and always there even if I don't have my dongle on me. I have the main license on the iLok to take to the poor dubbing suites that are still saddled with RX2 or something. Nice to have that flexibility.
Huh - just quoting to contradict myself. Just found out something I can't quite believe. You get three authorisations per license, and one of those can be an iLok. Meaning you get an iLok license, plus two machine ones as well. Just tried it - it works, the MBp now has an RX6 license with no dongle and I have one on the iLok too. That, I think, is the most generous licensing system I'm aware of in the audio world.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM