View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:37 AM

Default Re: WHY has this Idea Scale on Proper Bus Soloing not be implemented yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
You're a scholar and a gentleman.

But there's a caveat: no processing downstream. A reply on ideascale:

"if the AFL/PFL path could be assigned to a bus instead of just a physical output that would be better as at the moment using AFL/PFL means you will bypass any mixbus processing or subsequent routing which is not usually ideal.

The other DAW I know well is logic, and the solo system in that always seems to work how i want without having to think about it at all. I suspect this is the case with every other major DAW and i feel pro tools is behind in this regard. The AFL/ PFL modes are useful in some situations, but generally are not useful modes for mixing/ post-production work. SIP is generally much more useful, and Logic, and i think other DAWs handle bus soloing in SIP mode in an intelligent manner. That's what i'd like to see in pro tools.
"
But what if you want to hear that track without its subgroup processing? You'd have to bypass them separately, not good. This is what AFL is for.

SIP, with the group master solo safed is for hearing a group member with its buss processing.

Exactly the way analog consoles have done things for decades.

Granted, I have an ICON with dedicated buttons for switching these functions, so I can see a need, as Rich has done, for some key commands.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.