View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Horrible VI performance when recording in 2019.10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Also saying your converters define the "zero buffer" latency which means with crappy interface your zero buffer might be worse than good interface with bigger buffer. How hard it is to understand? Human ear is only concerned about milliseconds and has no idea where they come from
You are the one that is not understanding.. what is it with condescension in these forums?

Anyway, I will copy paste my post yet again which I keep getting replies to that have nothing to do with it:
"Other DAWs have zero issue even on the weakest computer in my sig, an old quad core, monitoring multiple tracks through the DAW at 32 buffer with multiple FX busses.. So.. why shouldn't PT be able to do it with equally good performance? it's a matter of coding.."

BTW, Sardi and Southside music and myself are correct, you are incorrect. Simple as that.

PS, guess what? PT adds safety buffers of it's OWN with core audio, so in fact, latency is even HIGHER than it is in almost all other OS X daws at the same buffer size.