View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 11:14 PM

Default Re: What brings Dolby Audio Bridge to HDX users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Meaning you need to have a track on the timeline with recorded LTC? Thatīs a joke right?
It is the only way I could get the renderer to respond in my initial testing, but that being said it is a completely fresh installation of everything (OSX, 2019.10, Atmos 3.3). There is a track/IO/bussing for the LTC track already in the DAB Pro Tools session template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsteeve View Post
Couldn't you use MTC through IAC bus internally with AUDIO MIDI setup like specified on this link?

https://help.prodicle.com/hc/en-us/a...Atmos-Natively

I have not tried this yet but I will set this up this Friday...
Yeah I didn't think about AAX DSP becoming unavailable through the dolby bridge setup... I guess they still need some sort of incentive for folks to invest in RMU and Mastering Suite workflow.

I tried setting up an IAC bus but couldn't get it to work. I also tried sending the midi directly through physical midi I/O using a cable and a MOTU 4x4... and I tried output LTC via audio into Lockstep, which then converts that LTC audio to MTC. Lockstep received the LTC audio... but I have mixed results with the resulting MTC making it into the renderer. I'll keep fiddling with it and see if it sorts itself out... but even then, MTC isn't frame accurate.

It is a very odd implementation from Avid. DAB means any Avid hardware, including Sync HD is redundant. I wonder what they have planned for the next year of HDX development, because as it currently stands it makes a lot more sense to install Audinate DVS and send audio from the Dolby Rendering suite straight to a Dante equipped monitor controller and call it a day!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.

Last edited by LDS; 11-03-2019 at 11:24 PM.