Thread: Digibase
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2003, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Digibase

"Also the Import Audio will now work to import audio from CD's- Used to have to use Import Audio From Other Movie -"

just tried this - yes it works, however drag n drop from Workspace Browser is better cos it does it as a background task and you can carry on doing other stuff unlike Import Audio...

"Burt and Natural Sound, I checked with our main QA guy for DigiBase and asked him about the D&D from a CD-ROM problem. He hasn't seen it (nor have I.) I don't know what's going on but if you haven't tried it, lots of people have suggested starting with a clean OSX install."

Well - it only hung once - and that was when I drag n dropped whilst I was in record mode on 1 of the audio tracks... the 888 crackled and the screen froze except for the spinning beach ball. I've drag n dropped about 20 audio files from CD-ROM into audio tracks in a session today with no problems whatsoever.

I may still do a fresh OS X install however as I got another kernel panic today - thats at least 1 but no more than 3 per day for 3 days now.

"Sounds like Digibase is something similar to what Ableton Live has... If so, then that'd change the way I use PT, too... Does anyone use Live? Is Digibase the same thing? I haven't used PT6 yet."

I guess it is similar to the way you drop files into Live - I use Live for DJing, get the warp markers in place properly and concentrate on Live improvisations, adding your own loops, on the fly odd-bar looping, plug-in madness instead of just cueing the next track

Burt