View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Session 8 interface looks like 882 studio ?

The 882 Studio and the Session 8 interface is one and the same thing. You can use an 882 Studio w/ a standard PT III system (Nubus) if it is the first interface --- that is, it is connected to I/O card #1 (assuming you have more than one I/O card; and PT III without more than one I/O card is a tragedy). I don't know if the 882 Studio would work with project cards for PCI... don't see why not, as long as cable is the same (looks like a SCSI 2 connector).

Session 8 systems (Session 8 software, 882 Studio, external SCSI drive, interface card(s), & optional fader board [fader board was made in the pre-motorized fader days]) were made for Mac Nubus, as well as PCs with an ISA bus. Session 8 systems are limited to 8 tracks; like having a Tascam 688 only digital. Session 8 cards for Mac are same as PT III I/O card without TDM piggyback card.
I could sell you a set of the PC session 8 cards if you wanted (fader board as well), provided you have an old PC w/ ISA bus sitting around... but the technology is old; 8 track limitation is pretty severe. Why bother? Better to use the 882 Studio as a plant stand, a doorstop, or an ex-wive talisman for voodoo ceremonies (they're quite similar: old, cold, & there never was much output) & put your money where it'll do more good.