View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Is Pro Tools behind the curve?

Yeah, it's behind the curve. Over the last few years other DAWs have continued to innovate and develop, while Avid mostly stood still. And now most of the others have passed PT by. That doesn't mean anything if PT works the way you want, so don't worry much about it.

Freeze was a great addition a couple of years ago, and the addition of Folders is, in my opinion, a very nice thing too. Those were two very big features that others have had for quite a while. There's a long list of features other DAWs have added that Avid is lagging behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee123 View Post
Something I've wondered after updating my studio and using PT 2020 for a while now. Is Avid behind the curve? There's a lot of other DAWs out there and a quick "best of" google search often times lists PT at the bottom. I've personally been using PT for over 18 years now and learning something new just wouldn't make sense. I did get Logic Pro X at the same time I updated PT and honestly if I was just starting out again, I'd probably take that over PT. It's way cheaper, much more intuitive and easier to get an idea down. I do understand PT's appeal though. For someone like me who has grown up with in studios using multi-track for many years, PT is the closest thing to a real studio experience with a DAW and still the industry standard. I'm not sure that is appealing to many now that are younger and just starting out. PT might just be pricing themselves right out of the game. But more than that, it seems overly complicated by newer DAWs standards. Given all of the other options out there, I'm just curious to see how other long time PT users feel.