View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Mac OS Sierra doesnīt restore window position on Dual Monitor System

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
I have to add that it wasnīt an issue occuring on a dual monitor system only. the issue was that the Finder didnīt store information like Finder-window size, position and view (f.e. column or list view)
I too have had this issue since migrating from ElCap to High Sierra (same issue in Sierra - really anything post ElCap). It's been driving me nuts, and I finally found the cause and solution, if anyone else comes across this issue.

I use Spaces in macOS (6 of them) on my Pro Tools HDX machine, and have (for years) assigned applications to specific desktops (that way they open in the assigned space regardless of where they were launched from). In a Pro Tools specific instance, this is accomplished by right clicking the Pro Tools on the dock, selecting Options: Assign To: Desktop 1

THIS IS THE PROBLEM

If you do not assign an application to a specific Desktop, your windows (plugins, sends, mixer, etc) open where you last placed them.

To be pedantic - do not assign Pro Tools to a specific window if you use Spaces and your windows will restore to the last known location.

Hope this helps someone
DSP & IO : Pro Tools HDX2(2018.3), 2x UAD Octo, HDIO 16x16 Analog IO(3), HDIO 16x16 Digital IO
Plugins: Avid, DMG Audio, Kush, oeksound, P'n'T, Plugin Alliance, Softube, SoundTheory, Sonnox, Sound Radix, SoundToys, UAD, VEP, etc
Hardware: API, Chandler, Hardy, Moog, Neve, Shadow Hills, Smart, Summit, TC Electronic M6000, UREI, etc
Microphones: Telefunken, Neumann, Shure, AKG