View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Dangerous PCIe Installation requires Power Connected to Socket????

Ok this is done. Here is what i did do foer any one wondering - 1) opened case, 2) held powersupply spring-action burron down for 7 seconds to discharge. 2) disconnected from socket. 3) grounded self, 4) installed card. 5) moved nvidia quadro up higher because heat rises and i would rather not have extra heat given to the Pro Tools HD card (but i hope i am not going to bottleneck the HD card since now it is not the first card in line (some computer guy said the first card closest to the top will work the fastest... now this is a dilemna.. where should I place each? I have nvidia as the first 16x, the second is a 4x left empt for a UAD 2 coming , then the HD one...

Uhh also its very wierd.. pro tools has sound but not mp3s on windows media player nor youtube.. but i guess this is for another thread.

also does anyone know of good resources that show how i can learn all the Pro Tools HD tips tricks, methods, etc? because i cant afford the next levels of the Avid Certification program.. i only did the LE levels back when it was on 7 and for get some stuff.