View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM

Default Hooking up Axiom 49 with PT 8 LE?

Hello again... yes it is I - DIGG. Ok, here is my question... I just bought the M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller... its still in the box. I have watched some videos on youtube but most are non-specific or tell me to make changes in my Audio Midi Settings... some say to copy this and paste that to get axiom controls to control PT... I need to hear it from the pro's. I am a super PT beginner, so here is what I think I know...

As I understand, the Axiom will receive its power AND send messages all via the USB cable, so I don't need to hook up a "MIDI" cable correct? (Thats about all I think I know... and that may not even be correct)

1. Is the Axiom 49 a "Plug N Play" unit so to speak?
2. If I plug it into a USB port, and open up PT will PT "recognize" it and it be ready to use?
3. Are there any settings I need to make in PT so I have full control over my factory PT plugin's?
4. Do I need to DL the M-Audio Enigma software?
5. Are there any specific videos that take you step by step on setting this up?
6. Am I understanding it correctly that once PT sees the Axiom it should in theory control all my plugin's or do I need to program the Axiom or "Midi Learn" for each and every plugin?

I would like to be able to use this to make drum tracks (any suggestions on which software to use for good rock drums) and get sound out of the plugin's.

I hate to be a pain, but could someone walk me step by step on this...

My rig... MacPro, 8 gigs Ram, MBox 2 Pro with PT 8 LE Factory Bundle.

As always... a million thanks for your knowledge.