View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
There was a time (about 15 years ago) when Phillip Morris (the makers of Marlboro cigarettes) found they were getting beaten out by new independent boutique brands. They first tried to raise their price to match but after an analysis of loyalty and brand elasticity they realized they could drop the price of Marlboro and get their share back and then some. They did and it worked.

I do wonder if Avid ever did the research to see if a large drop in HDX price would be made back by increased demand. Of course I don't know what the costs are.

Unless there is a technical reason I see no reason why not to open up to more voices without HDx. HDx with an interface is a great digital mixer in it's own right.

C

HDX is vintage technology outperformed by 2019 computers big time. It definitely is a great digital mixing system but it should have been made to date like all technology to prevent what happens now: its 2011 tech limit is keeping back (speedy) development of the Pro Tools software that’s still the industry standard.

Of course all the post production houses and bigger studios that love to use pro tools are still using HDX. Dolby Atmos on Pro Tools Ultimate without AVID HD hardware, and so 32 I/O , good luck...

This is what the AVID strategy of making such a closed pro system in terms of channel and voice counts -still relying on 2011 hardware technology- has led to.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk