View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up Re: HD Native and Pro Tools 10HD

Well I just upgraded and let me tell you I will not be going back to 9HD. What a difference! I'm running my projects @ a 32 sample buffer and it is much more stable allowing for way more track count. It feels like I'm on all hardware (snappy) if you know what I mean. Disk cache is awesome! I have 24GB 1600MHZ ram and I have disk cache set to 16GB leaving 8GB for the rest of Pro Tools and windows 7. Although I may not agree with the upgrade process, I must say Pro Tools 10HD is no doubt the best DAW out there now. You will not be disappointed. Everthing just seams to work better in HD10. Plugins and all. All my optimizations and settings are the same, just upgraded. My system ran very well on HD9 but perfomance and features wise on HD10 is definitely a big step forward. Now I'm looking forward to HD11. All I can say is wow! I'm blown away! This is the system I've been waiting for. A Pro Tools system that exceeds all my expectations and let me tell you, my expectations are very high. Good job Avid!