View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM

Unhappy Mbox Pro 3 issue with Pro Tools 10 on Mac OSX

Ok, so I REALLY need some help here because I am running out of things to try and I am beginning to lose all hope. I recently purchased an Mbox Pro 3 with Pro Tools 10 installed (to the latest update) and have had nothing but problems since I upgraded to this new Mbox. Honestly, I feel like my Mbox 2 was much better quality than the Mbox Pro 3 which I feel like should not be the case seeing how much more expensive it is.

(Before I continue, let me just list the materials that I am using)
- Mbox Pro 3
- Neumann TLM 103 Microphone
- Krk Rokit 8 Studio Monitors
- Pro Tools 10 Running on OSX

The issue I am having is with the output on my speakers. The quality just seems so messed up now and everything is distorted and I feel like I have tried everything! First off, the quality of my recordings sound horrible now. How could this be? Surely the Mbox Pro 3 can not be producing a worse sound than the Mbox 2 right? And the neumann microphone I am using is very high end so I know the quality can not be lacking with that field because the vocals sounded so crisp and pristine when I was using it with my Mbox 2 as well as the speakers. I am using the Krk Rokit speakers as my main output source on the computer (i.e. iTunes, garageband, protools) and have never had a problem doing so before with my previous Mbox but now, everything I play just sounds like its coming from a crappy pair of speakers and not the might quality that these Krk Rokit's previously were producing. The even give off this annoying loud static noise when nothing is being played where as when I use to play them on the Mbox 2, they were absolutely silent and played everything flawlessly so my question is this, is there something that I am doing wrong with my Mbox Pro 3 or is the Mbox 2 really just a better amp? Please let me know as I am very desperate for answers at the moment