View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:46 PM

Default Re: scrolling up and down in pt 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblue View Post
That actually is a good thing!

I guess we have vastly differing workflows, as I can't imagine why you would need to see both notes and velocity lanes so large. Is it a limited monitor issue or something?

What about if you put the main view in velocity? That way you can see both notes and velocities in one lane and still have good control over selection and movement?

Personally, I like the track/lane-at-a-time scrolling. It's faster and I never need to see half a track, so works out fine.

--Bill
all about work flows isnt it!!!!!!!

my midi notes view is quite large, my velocity view is set about medium. on a 22" widescreen, so screen real estate is ok.

i like my notes big and in my face as i am editing through sessions, i dont have the best eyesight!!!! i have had lasik twice years ago and still wear glasses when on the computer. the velocity i dont need that big though. but i dont want to squint!!!

i could put the main view in velocity, how it always had to be done in the past. but the point of the lane views is obviously to speed things up. as i am editing velocity and moving notes around all at one time. you cannot move the midi note while in velocity view. the idea of not having to constantly switch between the 2 is a great feature to me.

in dense midi note sections it is hard to look at the just the velocity view and know what note to grab and adjust, i need the note view. plus if you have notes layered in midi and go to velocity and they are the same velocity you have to be able to select which one you need to adjust..... you do that by selecting the midi note.

i could see how this feature would be quicker and faster for some workflows an in the situation of just navigating through the screen, but just changing it like this and no option to go back is kind of a pain. quite counter productive for me. i cant imagine me being the only one. i have worked with many other engineers and seen how they do stuff like midi editing and i know i am not doing anything uncommon.

Quote:
Not if you're in Slip mode!
i sure hope that is a joke!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10