View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 04:20 PM

Default App Manager Forced Me to Wipe Out My Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeLeon View Post
Your right on with that man. I have not provided any info only gripes. Thanks for pointing that out for me. So here goes ... I am running Mac Sierra 10.12.6.

I had Pro Tool 12 from I have my Ilok manager updated and all my pro tools folder are backed up on an external hard drive . When I was forced to wipe out my computer . I lost everything saved on it. Now I can't figure out how to re install pro tools I went to the Avid website but I don't know where to install what I lost , including all my plug ins. In my products folder I see all the things I purchased , but it won't allow me to open any of them

OK now things make more sense and hopefully we can help you.

You don't need Pro Tools 9 anything, and you cannot install that on Sierra anyhow, it will not work. If you upgraded Pro Tools 12 installer downloads will be in your Avid user account--Under My Products and Subscriptions. If you upgraded to Pro Tools 12 and Pro Tools 12 products are not showing up there you need to get help from Avid Support.

I would do a full clean install of Sierra, ideally on a spare drive or partition. Install just the ILM and Pro Tools and make sure that all works then install the VIs.

Disconnect your internal drive while doing all this to avoid finger mistakes damaging it. You can test basic stuff with sessions on the internal drive.

And I would immediately uninstall Pro Tools application manager and collaboration stuff (many posts on DUC describing how to do that). That is mostly buggy bloatware

We cannot go back in time, but I am not sure you had to wipe out your computer before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk