View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Is the forum better or worse since the adding of the new mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
A relevant dialogue had begun regarding the new spirit of the forum after the adding of the many new mods, but the dialogue was cut short by Avid because 'it wasn't related to the original topic.'

It began around page 11:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=338380&page=11

I thought the topic deserved discussion, as did many others, so here's a new thread where the discussion is entirely related to the topic.

What do you think? Would you say that the forum is a bit too heavily monitored now? Does the forum need 4 different mods jumping into every post which contains anyone who proposes anything that's not entirely pro-Avid? Some mods are steering threads, and others are even taking issue with our personal opinions if they don't align with their own, editing and even deleting posts in some cases for this sole reason, though under the guise of keeping the peace. That's primarily what I've noticed in the 15 or so times I've visited this forum since the additions, though it was obvious on the very first visit.

In my "opinion" this should not be allowed by Avid's forum administrator(s). The forum is a different place now, not a better one.
I actually like the way the forum is going now vis-a-vis the user moderators. They're riding herd on threads that in the past would have gone on and on and on and gotten really nasty. Think back to the whole Waves/aax dsp debacle and a certain person who was accused of being a shill for Waves - let's not have that again.

Yes - some threads have been 'steered' as you say but for the better. And yes, posts have been modified but again for the better to remove inflammatory or innacurate material where it damages Avid. Posters here have to remember that this is Avid's board and they can run it as they see fit. If you want the wild and wooly go to Gearslutz. If you don't like the way the DUC is currently run then start your own board or use another resource.

Finally remember that the new user moderators are also individual PT users and as such have the right to their own opinions on all things PT and Avid and can so state here. Forum rules prevent a user from having more than 1 account so when they post on a subject that doesn't necessarily require a moderator hat they still have that as part of their online profile. i.e. they may post in a thread about some plugin and problems with that but not in a moderator position even though that's their title.

QAPLA!