Thread: Transfuser Fun
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2014, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Transfuser Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamanchi Doyle View Post
Apologies,
I'm pretty late coming to the transfuser party and from what I've read so far there isn't much festive cheer going on. Anyway, after wanting it for a long time I finally bought Transfuser 1.0 on ebay in the hope of expanding my palette for remixing purposes. I didn't want to purchase the 2.0 version due to the fact that I'm operating from PT 9.0.3. For the most part everything is stable so I said I'd avoid upgrading for as long as I could. Having installed it I'm now having trouble reading the factory content. I can load other audio files from my system but not the Transfuser Factory files. The folder is in the right place as far as I know "applications -> Digidesign -> Transfuser" on Mac.
Anyone any suggestions? I did try a reinstall but no dice.

Also, I downloaded the 1.3 upgrade installer but when I load PT's it tells me I don't have the proper license on my i-lok for this version. Does anyone know if this was a paid upgrade or a free one?

Any help/suggestions would be most welcome.

Nick
Nick, From what you describe, I'm wondering if the factory content was included in whatever it was you downloaded from eBay? I can't recall if the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.3 was paid or not as I upgraded to the entire PTIEP from Hybrid. You'd need to contact AIR directly regarding the licensing issue. I must warn, however, that many of us here have had some issues with their customer service.

That said, I am huge fan of Transfuser and use it in nearly ALL my projects in one way or another. So, do whatever you need to do to get up and running properly. Eventually, you'll find you're only using the factory content about 1/2 the time, if that. At least that's been true for me.

But for your immediate problem, I would double check the files you downloaded and first see if the factory content is actually there. If not, take that up with whoever you bought this from on E-bay.