View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Plans for VST Adapter Support in Pro Tools 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnie View Post
Hmmm, ask your developer... I already asked two of them for develop a AAX (32 or 64 bit)

Response 1:
Yes, but the release date is unknown and highly depends on Avid, which is extremely slow and unresponsive.

Response 2:
We would, but contacting Avid as a dev for support is nearly useless. Depends on them.

I don't think its the dev's fault that there are just a few cross-platform Plugins.
Just my two cents.
i asked one developer not necessarily on the vst wrapper issue but about porting to AAX in general and here's what they have to say

"Studio Devil Guitar Amp Technology
We are testing AAX now, but we do not plan to release AAX soon. Avid is starting to charge annual fees for each plugin and this will force us to raise the prices of our plugins for AAX only, and we don't want to do that...hopefully, Avid makes a change to their policies, but it doesn't look like they will...it really sucks for plugin users, because protools users are going to lose out on a lot of plugins that are already out there...we will do AAX next year sometime, but not soon."
so we have to wait longer + pay a higher price if the developers decides to go through

Pro Tools 11.2
Pro Tools 10.3.9
REAPER

MPTK2
ProFire 2626
Benchmark DAC1
Neumann KH 120 A
Avid Artist Mix
ASUS Sabertooth Z77, Intel i7-3770K CPU OC'[email protected], 32 Gigs RAM
Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks