View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Trying to use Eleven Rack with Skype

Thanks for the responses guys; I was able to successfully uninstall the latest Eleven Rack driver, then install an earlier driver that has Pro Tools working again. Peace has been restored to the recording galaxy.

@Darryl: Good idea on the screen shots, I'm sure in text only what I'm saying isn't clear. I do actually run the Eleven Rack as my main audio output for my computer

I do also use Pro Tools, so it is important that I keep that functioning (which unfortunately means I can't run the latest Eleven Rack driver; although that didn't seem to fix my issue anyways).

When I open the Skype "Audio Settings" tab this is what it shows for Microphones:

So there is no "Mic/input" option like there is in pro tools. When I select the line in (Eleven Rack) I don't get any signal (I realize in the screen shot I took it's on my sound card, but I tested it on the Eleven Rack).

My Microphone is an MXL 880; I record regularly with it so yes Mic and Cable are good to go

I have the Eleven Rack Line in set as my recording device:

It shows that I have an audio signal from that menu, but No signal in skype (when I select Line in (4 Eleven Rack). I tried the 'test call' feature just to make sure and confirmed no signal coming through.)... Weird that it's showing a signal as my computers recording device but not skype's.

@panamajack
I posted that yesterday in a moment of frustration, apologies for that. I'll check out the link. thanks