View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Why Cursor and Transport Counters Suddenly Not Advancing?

Nevermind.

I managed to fix the problem.

I figured that I had nothing left to loose by experimenting around, so I did just that.

I deleted the whole quicktime movie from PT 8, and everywhere else, on all systems and flash drives.

I went to Final Cut Pro and noticed that one of the two links that linked up the sound with the video wasn't highlighted green, so I highlighted it green, and now both of them were highlighted green. (This has never been an issue with them being on or off in the past.)

Then I created a new QT movie of the shorter version of my film.

Then I noticed that it didn't add the ".mov" to the name I gave it, when it was done creating it, so I added the ".mov" to it manually.

I then was able to import it (back) into PT 8, and this time it worked, and the session played normally, although it still went thru the re-linking process, and then claims that two files are missing, but I can't figure out what's missing, cuz it looks and sounds like it's all there.

So apparently it's now critical to make sure the audio is fully relinked within FCP before making the QT movie, and the ".mov" has to be added (one way or the other, manually if it doesn't automatically do it by itself) before it can be imported.

And I have no idea why any files would be missing at all anyway. I've never had files disappear the many times I've made and imported any other QT movie into either version of PT. But is sounds like it's all there, so go figure.

And it's still saying there's uncompleted tasks when I close it, but I have no idea what those "uncompleted tasks" are, cuz I've done nothing to it besides importing the movie and it's audio track. So go figure again.

And so, I apparently DO have the "DV Toolkit" that you mentioned already, even though I know about it, cuz nobody ever brought that up before.

All the other PT 8 sessions play normally now, also.

I still can't import the exact same movie into the earlier version of the same project in the PC, however. It still crashes the whole system when I try to do that, even with the new version of the QT movie.

But now that PT 8 is working again, I don't need the older version of it.

At least I can resume work on it now.

Much thanx for responding, for your ideas, and for trying to help.

It's appreciated nonetheless.