View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Angry

I have this problem , too . And I can't solve it until now . I use protools m-powered 7.4 . Audio interface is a FW410 . Driver 5036v2 (I 'd installed the latest drivers ,too. And they are not good for use in the part of s/pdif patching and wordclock setting . )

I've tried something , and the results are :

1. Set onboard sound card as defult sound device ---Protools can not start up .

2. Set FW410 as defult sound device and select the sync source on m-audio control panel as "internal optical /or coaxical".(normally the sample rate detected window shows 44100 , but if you switch the selection between internal and external , it will show 48000 or 88200 .) --- Protools start ! But there is only one option "44.1kHz" you can choose when create a new session. On m-audio control panel , the samplerate will jump back to 44100 when star up , no matter what it was .

3.Set FW410 as defult sound device and select the sync source on m-audio control panel as "external optical ". I don't have any optical cable connect . the "s/pdif in"LED on 410 blinks .----Protools start ! When create new session , you have only one sample rate can choose , depends on what it was (44.1 , 48 ,or 88.2) . You can see meters on m-audio control panel move up and down when you use 410 inputs with signals , but you will not hear anything , and you will record nothing .

4.Set FW410 as defult sound device and select the sync source on m-audio control panel as "external coaxical ".I have a coaxical cable connect between s/pdif "in" and "out".------ Protools start ! When create new session , you have only one sample rate can choose , depends on what it was (44.1 , 48 ,or 88.2) . When it starts with 48khz , the situation is the same as when choose "external optical ". If it starts with 88.2khz , LED on 410 light .You can see meters on m-audio control panel move up and down when you use 410 inputs with signals , and you can hear the distortion sound . You can record and play back , but all sounds are distortion .

5.Disable windows audio service . ---- You can not use any applications which need audio service but ProTools .You can choose sample rate from 44.1k to 96k . But when you want to use another software to check your mixdown file or other things , this method seems really very ridiculous .

I'd asked both digidesign and m-audio . They did not give me an useful solution .
So , Good Luck !