View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 12:49 PM

Default Re: HD Hardware & CoreAudio on Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrobass View Post
Hi folks,

I've found a way to listen to Itunes, safari etc.. on my HDX hardware on 10.10 by using "Sound nexus" plug in. :

http://source-elements.com/source-nexus/

Basically, sound nexus is an AAX plug in that can listen to the internal sound routing of your mac in pro tools.
Just have to set "sound nexus" as an output in the system sound panel, open an Aux track in PT with a sound nexus instance, and you're in business. .
An expensive solution, but it works.
You can record everything from the web inside protools as well.

cheers.
While it is very generous for you to have posted this work around and thanks for doing so . Unfortunately it does not change the fact that it has been a year or so that this has not been fixed by a driver update. I love my PTHDN-Omni system but honestly it is pretty ridiculous that we are actually past Yosemite and into El Capitan, gone through several 11 and 12 updates and still Avid can't get it's premier HD hardware to play coreaudio on more than a year old OS............... THERE IS SOMETHING VERY VERY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

IT SHOULD NOT BE UP TO CUSTOMERS TO FIND WORKAROUNDS A YEAR OUT ....PERIOD

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...