View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Authorization errors

I dug up this ASC information late last night. A note on the "No Customer Response" that the tech placed into the record below - that's because my last ASC case was closed because the technician had no clue how to resolve it, not because I wasn't responding to Mr. Barely-speaks-English. I'd be willing to buy another support contract if I _have_ to, but I don't think it's right to charge me to get the software AUTHORIZED on my computer just because I run a .05 updater on the thing. I guess another option is to chuck version 9 and buy version 10 but there's the principal of the thing - if the software would run at version 9.01, 9.05 shouldn't break it.

I am more than ever convinced that software authorization/protection schemes do more to punish the customer than to protect the software from being hacked by pirates. I'm a legit user with a bunch of money wrapped up in software, plugins, and hardware, who has used ProTools since ~2001 when I bought a Digi-001. Why would I want to risk slowing down my computer with some hacked, virus-laden version? Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

ASC Details

Avid Support Code (ASC)
(Click ASC for usage information)
Activated On
(mm/dd/yy)
Expiry Date
(mm/dd/yy)
366772746 03/11/11 07/30/11

ASC Usage Details

ASC Date
(mm/dd/yy)
Medium Case ID Case Status Subject (Short Description)
366772746 03/11/11 Phone 01547239 Closed - No Customer Response Firewire 1814