View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Default Increase buffer size Error.. -_- ..

I decided to move to PT9 from Logic and this is the error I get when I play my songs in PT9.

I only imported 5 stereo WAV files 16 bit 44.1khz and not running any plugins except 1 instrument track thats using BOOM for drums.

I tried increasing buffer size and all that but I think its just stupid coz if i increase to 1024 i will just get latency. So I'm just sticking to 512 thats the highest i'd go but then again I still get this lag and from time to time the increase buffer error. It's getting really annoying. Sometimes the track plays and when i hit space bar the song wont stop until like after 5 seconds of lag.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? This is pretty bad. I use to run logic with gazillions of plugins and it worked just fine.

I am running an iMac duo core - Snow Leopard with 4GB of Ram and I PURPOSELY swapped back to a 7200RPM 2TB hard drive that I cloned off from my previous old HD that was 5200RPM. Although 5200 was running fine with logic I decided to switch it to 7200 for the sake of PT9. I use M-audio Firewire 410 interface.

I really dont see anything wrong with my spec it should be more than enough to run PT9. So how do I fix this god damn error???