View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 07:06 PM

Post Re: HELP ! Big problem since i update 9.0.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansbarkes View Post
I tried to make an install with the universal snow leopard DVD, and it doesn't work.
My mac do not boot on this holly disk.
Any idea ?
Use the Mac operating system that came with your Mac, or a compatible newer version

According to EveryMac, the minimum OS X v10.6.3 build you can use is 10D2094. The release date of your MacBook Pro and OS X v10.6.3 are within weeks of each other. What could have happened is that Apple released a machine-specific build of OS X v10.6.3 for your MacBook Pro. In this case, you would need the gray discs (that you have lost) in order to install OS X v10.6.3.

Alternatively, you could startup the computer in Target Disk Mode (hold T at startup) and use a FireWire cable to connect it to another Mac that is capable of starting up from the OS X v10.6.3 DVD. This would allow you to install the OS on your MacBook Pro.

I found Pro Tools v9.0.6 to be problematic with OS X v10.6.8. My suggestion would be to use Pro Tools v9.0.5 with OS X v10.6.8.