View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Software monitoring and UAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
So I'm trying to get my head around the UAD Console software included with my new Apollo Twin...first thing it asks me to do is turn off software monitoring in PT.

How do I do this?

Also, any advice on getting my head around using UAD Console for recording in PT?

Many thanks.
There is no way to turn off input monitoring on an armed track in Pro Tools. If you're coming from another DAW this will take a bit of time to accept but it's just the way it is. For the most part it's only a minor hassle. It basically means you will have to set up punch in/out ahead of time by deleting the part you want to replace in the original track and the recording the punch on a second track. Once you get the take you want to can drag it to the original as the replacement. Definitely not the best situation if you work on a console or in your case a virtual console but it's just the way it is.

Does the UAD print the processing when you record into PT or does it just apply it to the signal for monitoring while allowing you to record an unprocessed wave?