View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Mixing in Reason vs Pro Tools Tips or thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryced87 View Post
What are your thoughts on Mixing in Reason vs Pro Tools? I've always exported my reason sessions into Pro Tools and mixed in Pro Tools. I do know some people that Mix in Reason. Some mix the entire Reason session while others mix certain sounds and beats together and export them into Pro Tools and mix everything again. What are your thoughts on this. Would love to hear them. Maybe someone has tips on how this could help or make the overall sound better.
always rewire in.. when u export from reason the reason mixer degrades the quality, this is especially true up until reason 5. anything after reason 5 they have a new mixer but i still think it degrades the quality slightly... rewire out of reason bypassing the mixer, if you have any fx (like distortion, reverb etc) u should keep them, but all your compression / eq and stuff you should take off and do in pro tools...

pro tools sounds much better and way better to mix in... like i said the quality in reason sounds degraded somehow even the new reason