View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Mixing in Reason vs Pro Tools Tips or thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryced87 View Post
What are your thoughts on Mixing in Reason vs Pro Tools? I've always exported my reason sessions into Pro Tools and mixed in Pro Tools. I do know some people that Mix in Reason. Some mix the entire Reason session while others mix certain sounds and beats together and export them into Pro Tools and mix everything again. What are your thoughts on this. Would love to hear them. Maybe someone has tips on how this could help or make the overall sound better.
Personally no matter where my sources are coming from I like to do the mixing in PT and not the source. That way I have total control of the mix because if you're also using stuff recorded in PT along with what you're importing you may need to make changes to the imported files (like eq, compression, mix balance, etc.) and why fight what was done in the source?

I use Reason but never multiple tracks; at most I use Rewire for certain sounds I have in Reason than what I have available in my other synths - like the Abbey Road Keyboards or Thor. That way I have the audio in PT and can work with it to my heart's content.

Another place I mix in PT and not the source is with BFD2 drums. I bring out the direct mics, ambient mics, overheads and such to individual channels in PT so I can change things as needed. That and I don't like the mixer in BFD.

QAPLA!